Welcome to the Long Watch Studio Document Centre. Here you will find all the information required to use our solutions correctly. We recommend that you begin by consulting the Installation and Configuration section, which describes the options available for all our plugins. For instructions on a specific plugin, simply go straight to the required section using the menu on your left.
Installation and configuration
Our plugins have all been designed with simplicity of use in mind. For most of them, the options available, as well as their effects on the plugin, are explained directly in the user interface.
However, it may be that you have specific requirements or that certain available options are less easy to understand. The knowledge base below has been created with the participation of the users of our solutions. Please do not hesitate to share any comments or suggestions you may have by using our contact form.
There are 2 distinct ways of installing our solutions in your WordPress environment, depending on whether they are free or paid:
1 – Free Plugins
Our free plugins are available in the WordPress plugins catalogue, which can be accessed directly from your WordPress environment. To install them, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the Plugins->Add New section of the Admin Area.
- Use the search engine to find your required plugin (e.g. “The User Plugin”).
- Once you have found it, click the Install Now button and follow the instructions onscreen to install and activate the plugin.
2 – Paid Plugins
Should you have acquired one of our paid plugins, here is how to install it:
- Click the download link sent to you by email.
- Save the .zip file to your hard drive.
- Go to the Plugins->Add New section of your WordPress site Admin Area.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the page.
- Click the Choose file button and select the previously downloaded .zip file.
- Click the Install Now button and then follow the instructions onscreen to install and activate the plugin.
- Go to the plugin administration panel and click the Licence Tab.
- Enter the licence key sent to you by email and click the Activate button.
- Once the licence key is activated, the plugin requires an update from the update panel to work.
When you purchase one of our plugins, you are automatically emailed a licence key in addition to the download link. Activating your licence enables you to:
- Unlock the plugin’s various functions
- Activate update notifications
- Get automatic updates
- Access online support
Our plugins come with a 1 year support. During this period, the support as well as access to updates is free of charge. Beyond this period, you have the possibility to take out an annual support contract to continue to enjoy updates and support. If you do not wish to take out a contract, you can still continue to use your plugin normally but without access to updates. Furthermore, even without an active support contract, you can at any time download the plugin again, and install and reactivate it in the latest version available at the end of your support contract.
You can activate the licence of a plugin by either:
- clicking on the ribbon that appears in the Admin Area once the plugin is activated and by following the instructions onscreen.
- or by clicking on the Licence key Button in the top right of your plugin’s configuration page and by following the instructions onscreen.
By default, our plugins are supplied in French and English. The language displayed is that which you have selected in WordPress. If you wish to change the WordPress display language, go to your Admin Area, click Settings->General, and select the required language.
Where other languages exist and which have been validated by us for any of our plugins, these are automatically included in the installation files. To find out whether a specific plugin is available in your language, change to the required language on your WordPress site and then go into the configuration pages of your plugin. If these appear in English, then your language is not covered. In this is the case, you can either work in English or translate the plugin using the method below.
For plugins offering a simple interface for your visitors, we suggest that you enter the translations directly into the configuration pages of your plugin. For more information, consult the documentation supplied with your plugin.
If any of our plugins do not exist in your language, you have the possibility of translating it yourself. There are several ways of doing this:
1 – Poedit
Poedit is a software specially created for the translation of files used by WordPress. All you have to do is download the software free of charge, install it and you can begin to translate the plugin into your required language.
To create a new translation, Poedit will ask you for a .pot source file. You can find the .po file of your LongWatch plugin at the following location in your WordPress environment: wp-content/plugins/YourLongWatchPlugin/languages/fichier.pot
Once your translation is complete, you can add the resulting .po and .mo files to the same location. The translation will automatically be used when the language in question is selected in WordPress.
2 – Online translation
WordPress offers an online translation service for all its plugins directory. All our plugins are available at WordPress.org. You can help translate our plugins directly from wordpress.org.
We provide different tools with our plugins. They all share a common base. When you install one of our plugins, you instantly find your marks. Here are the different tools embedded within our solutions.
LWS Admin Panel
Our plugins use the same administration interface. This interface, called LWS Admin Panel, is directly supplied with each of our plugin. LWS Admin Panel is used to display a simple and intuitive administration interface for all our plugins. It is presented as shown in the example below:
- In the top left: LWS Admin Panel version no. and name of the plugin being configured.
- In the top right: access to online documentation, licence activation and support.
- In the centre: the configuration options for the selected plugin. This part is split into sections:
- At the top: tabs to access the plugin’s main configuration sections.
- On the left: menu headings to jump to the section you require.
- In the centre: settings of the plugin with a Save button that is always visible.
The LWS Admin Panel has been designed, developed and maintained to provide you with a clear, legible and intuitive interface for configuring our plugins. If you have any comments or suggestions about how we can improve this plugin in order to best meet your expectations, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The style generator "StyGen" is a special feature developped only for our plugins. This tool allows you to style and customize all the elements you present to your visitors. StyGen's interface is designed to be clear and intuitive and offers many styling possibilities. There's no coding knowledge required to use it. Everytime you change a value, you can see its result in real time.
StyGen's interface is divided in three main parts :
- THE MAIN CANVAS: Located in the middle, it allows you to see in real time the changes you make to the customizable elements. You can select the elements you wish to customize by clicking on them in the canvas.
- THE STYLES LIST: Located to the left, this list presents a list of elements and styles you can modify. Pass your mouse over an element of the list to preview its position in the main canvas. Select an element in the list to start customizing the associated element(s).
- THE STYLING PANELS: The styling panels are located in the top part and only appear when you select an element in the main canvas or the styles list. When you select an element, its actual styling values are loaded in the styling panels. You can then change them or apply new values and see the result in the main canvas.
Your modifications will only be saved if you click the "Save Changes" on the bottom right of the page. You can customize all the elements at once and save your changes only when everything seems ok for you.