This documentation is for the WooVirtualWallet plugin
This documentation is in two different part : the Configuration Wizard and the Wallet Settings. Click the link below to joint the desired section :
On WooVirtualWallet activation, the wizard will start. Click the button Standard Wallet using the Shop Currency on the first screen.
This leads you to the Standard wallet wizard settings page.
Here you can select parts that will be activated once the wizard is done.
- Payment Gateway : This will install a new payment gateway for WooCommerce. You will still have to set it up after it’s installed.
- Partial payment : Customers will get the possibility to use some of their wallet money on the cart page to reduce the order’s total.
- Shipping fees : If enabled, customers will be able to pay shipping fees with the wallet.
Once your choice done, click on the Next button. This leads you to the summary page, where you will click on the Submit button to apply the Standard Mode.
To access the Wallet Settings, go to WooVirtualWallet → Settings. This leads you into the Wallet Settings tab. To see the Gift Cards Settings tab, follow this link.
The Wallet Settings covers several elements :
Set the general settings and behavior of the virtual wallet
Go to WooVirtualWallet → Settings → Wallet Settings → Wallet Rules.
There, you have to set up a few options before moving forward :
- Add purchased wallet money on ‘Complete’ order : Edit a product to give wallet money to a customer purchasing it. Default order status to apply it is ‘processing’. If you want to use the ‘completed’ order status instead (recommanded), check the below box.
- Wallet credit can’t be bought with the wallet : The Virtual Wallet payment cannot be used if the customer’s order contains a product that feeds the Virtual Wallet.
- Shipping fees can be paid with Virtual Money : If checked, a customer can pay the shipping fees with the Virtual Money.
- Products buyable with : This is a global setting. This setting can be overridden for each product. It can have 3 different values.
- Both real and virtual money can be used : Customers can pay all products using the virtual money
- Real Money only : Customers can only pay general products with real money. They can use the virtual money on allowed products.
- Virtual Money only : Customers can only pay general products with virtual money. They can use real money on allowed products.
- Payment Gateway : If you want to set up WooVirtualWallet as a WooCommerce Payment Gateway. You can do this by clicking the provided link.
Go to WooVirtualWallet → Settings → Wallet Settings → Partial Payment.
Set up the partial payment tool that will be displayed either on the cart or the checkout page.
There, you have to set up a few options :
- Enable partial payment : Checked, it enables customer to partial pay orders.
- Partial payment tool display : Use the provided link to style the tool and select its display location. You can also find the tool going to WooVirtualWallet → Appearance → WooCommerce → Partial Payment.
- Order statuses to pay : Partial Payment amount is deducted from the Wallet when order status changes to one of the selected ones.
- Order status on payment failure : Select the order status to set if partial payment cannot be paid after all.
- Order status for partial payment refund : Select the order statuses for which you want to refund the wallet credit used to pay for the order.
Go to WooVirtualWallet → Settings → Wallet Settings → Payment Restrictions.
Set up the payment restrictions that will apply to the wallet.
There, you have to set up a few values :
- Limit Partial Payment to a percentage of cart total : The maximum amount a customer can spend in a single cart will be limited to the percentage of the payable total. Leave empty for no limit.
- Lower Cart Limit : If set, customers can’t use their wallet credit to discount the cart below that limit. Leave empty for no limit.
- Minimum Cart Amount : Set a minimum cart amount under which customers can’t use their wallet credit. Once the cart total is above that value, customers will be able to use their wallet credit. Leave empty for no minimum.
New Order Email Messages
Go to WooVirtualWallet → Settings → Wallet Settings → New Order Email Messages.
Add various messages to WooCommerce new order emails to give customers information about their wallet.
- Enable Email Message : Check this option if you want to show a message in new order emails.
If enabled, specify each text for each usage :
- Earned € text : Set a message for customers when they receive virtual money. Click on the “?” button to see the available shortcode to use to display the virtual money earned for the order.
- Spend € text : Set a message for customers when they spend virtual money. Click on the “?” button to see the available shortcode to use to display the virtual money spent for the order.
- Balance text : Set a message for customers to show them their current balance. Click on the “?” button to see the available shortcode to use to display the virtual money balance.