This documentation is for the WooVirtualWallet plugin
WooVirtualWallet offers 3 distinct ways to use gift cards. It’s important that you understand all of them. However, you don’t have to offer all the possibilities to your customers.
WooCommerce coupon field
First, know that your customers can use the WooCommerce’s coupon field present on the cart and checkout pages to use their gift card. If your customers use their gift card that way, it will generate an immediate discount on the current cart.
Cart/Checkout Gift card tool
This tool is only available with WooVirtualWallet in Currency mode.
You can add a gift card use tool on the cart and checkout pages if you want to show a different form than the WooCommerce’s coupon field. First, you need to set up the tool. In order to do that, go to WooVirtualWallet → Appearance → WooCommerce → Cart Gift Card Use.
Set the desired values :
- Cart Display : Select the cart page display position from the choices
- Not displayed at all : The tool will not be displayed inside the cart page.
- Between products and totals : The tool will be displayed between the products list and the total summary.
- Aside from cart totals : The tool will be displayed aside from cart totals.
- Checkout Display : Select the checkout page display position from the choices
- Not displayed at all : The tool will not be displayed inside the checkout page.
- Top of the page : The tool will be displayed on the top of the page.
- Before customer details : The tool will be displayed before the customer details.
- Before order review : The tool will be displayed before the order review.
If a registered customer uses a gift card with a value that exceeds the cart total, the exceeding amount will automatically be credited to the customer’s wallet. This is an exclusive feature of WooVirtualWallet that will incentivize customers to create an account and come back to your website.
Wallet Credit Shortcode
You can set up a shortcode on your website. Customers with an account can use their gift card to top up their wallet with the gift card amount !
[wvw_giftcard_use header="Gift Card" text="Enter your gift card code"]
- Attribute : Description
- header : (Optional) Set a title that will be displayed above the gift card form.
- text : (Optional) Set a text that will be displayed above the gift card form.
- success : (Optional) Set a text that will be displayed when a gift card code is successfully applied.
- fail : (Optional) Set a text that will be displayed if a gift card was unsuccessfully applied.
You can also style the tool by going to WooVirtualWallet → Appearance → Shortcodes → Gift Cards Shortcodes