Memberships are the main feature of WooVIP. In fact, all the plugin features will evolve around them. WooVIP lets you create as many memberships as you want. In other words, you can create different membership levels and different rules for each level.
First, we’ll see how to create new memberships. Then, we’ll have an overview at the possibilities. Finally, we’ll learn how to sell them with WooCommerce.
To create or manage your memberships, go to WooVIP → Memberships. As a result, you’ll see a list of all your existing memberships :
Click on an existing membership to edit it or click on the Add button to create one. If you click the Add button, you will be asked to give a name to your membership. Either way, you will then go to the Membership edition page.
When you are on the membership edition page, you should see a page that looks like this :
There are 4 different groups available. We will briefly examine them here. However, for a full explanation, you will have links available for other parts of the documentation.
In this section, you can set the general values of your membership :
- Display Name : The name of your membership
- Sticker : If you choose an image here, you will see it in product page at the same place where you usually see the Sale Sticker.
- Replaced roles : By default, when a user joins a VIP Lounge, the corresponding role is added to his list of roles. However, it’s possible that you want that a previously assigned role to be removed when the user earns this new role. This setting lets you choose what roles will be replaced.
- Exclusive shipping methods : Set shipping methods that are exclusive to this membership. Only members will be able to select that shipping method on the cart and checkout pages. Use it to set up preferred shipping methods or free shipping.
- Denied shipping methods : If you setup exclusive shipping methods for members, you may also want to remove standard shipping methods to avoid confusion. This option is here to do exactly that.
In this section, you can define the rules that will apply to your WooCommerce products for this membership. Please read this documentation for an explanation of the different possibilities.
Pages & Posts Visibility
In this section, you can define the rules that will apply to your posts and pages for this membership. Please read this documentation for an explanation of the different possibilities.
Sell the Membership
When your membership is ready, it’s time to start selling it. Selling a Membership is really easy with WooVIP. Go to your WooCommerce products and create a new product.
Set a price for your membership like for a regular product.
In the Product Data group, you will see a new WooVIP Membership Tab :
Select the WooVIP Membership Tab. Then, select which membership will be granted when purchasing the product.
In addition, you can set a duration for the membership.
That’s it, you’re ready to sell memberships to your customers.