In a standard system, users can earn points in various ways. Once they sum enough points, they can use them to unlock rewards. If you want to set up a standard system, you can watch our youtube tutorial :
- Go to WooRewards → Loyalty Systems and click the Add button.
- Enter a title and select the following options :
- Standard Behavior
- Permanent Type
- Its own points
- Click the Create button
On the new screen, you can set up the rules of your loyalty system:
- Status : Set it to On or Off. If set to Off, the system isn’t active and customers can’t earn points
- Title : The title of your system
You can change how points are displayed to your customers for each points pool that you use. If you want to rename the points, here are the different possibilities :
- Point display name : The word that will replace “Point” for front-end display. If you don’t use the plural option, this is the word that customers will see for both singular and plural.
- Point display name (plural) : If you want to have a different name for singular and plural forms, you can specify the plural name here.
- Point symbol : If you want to use an image instead of a word, you can select an image here. The image should be small (max height : 25px). If set, this will replace the name specified above.
- Point name position : Defines if you want the point name or symbol to be placed before or after the number.
You will find the buton on the top right corner of the settings window. Click it to reveal new settings options for your loyalty system. These settings are for advanced users only and most of the time, you won’t need them.
The advanced settings for standard systems are :
- Restricted Access : This option lets you restrict the loyalty system to specific user roles. If no role is selected, the loyalty system will apply for all user roles.
- Points expiration for inactivity : For some loyalty systems, you’ll want points to expire after an inactivity period from customers. This is where you set that option. Check the box and select the inactivity period you want.
Everytime a customer earns or spends points, he resets his inactivity period. It doesn’t reset if the customer visits the website and doesn’t earn or spend points.
- Force manual redeem (Standard Systems only): When you set only one reward in a loyalty system, customers automatically unlock that reward when they sum enough points. If you check that box, this won’t happen. Instead, they will receive an email telling them that they have enough points to unlock a reward. They will have to manually unlock that reward.
Customers have lot of ways to earn points in your loyalty system. They’re all listed in another section of that documentation.
As for earning methods, woorewards has a lot of different reward types for your customers. They’re all listed in another part of this documentation.