Events are a special feature of loyalty systems. You can set events for both standard and levelling systems. Before setting an event, you need to decide wether it will be on a standard or on a levelling system. Please refer to the documentation of these systems before going further.
To create an event, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to WooRewards → Loyalty Systems and click the Add button.
- Enter a title and select the following options :
- Standard or Levelling Behavior
- Event Type
- Its own points
- Click the Create button
On the new screen, you can set up the rules of your loyalty system:
- Status : Set it to On or Off. If set to Off, the system isn’t active and customers can’t earn points
- Title : The title of your system
- Start Date : The starting date of your event. Mandatory.
- Point earning end : The date after which customers will stop earning points (Optional). If you don’t set that date, the End Date is used instead.
- End Date : The end date of your event. Mandatory. After that date, customers can’t earn points and can’t redeem rewards. If you set a “points earning end” date, then this date is the date after which customers can’t redeem rewards.
Other settings in event loyalty systems are the same as standard and levelling systems. Please refer to the documentation of these systems for further explanation.
Events have different status that you can see on the loyalty systems list :
- Off : The loyalty system is set to OFF. Even if the actual date is between the start date and end date, the system isn’t running.
- Scheduled : The loyalty system is set to ON. The actual date is before the start date.
- Running : The loyalty system is set to ON and the actual date is between the start date and the end date. People can earn points and redeem rewards.
- Ended – Rewards available : The loyalty system is set to ON. Customers can’t earn points anymore but can still redeem rewards.
- Ended : The loyalty system is set to ON. The system has ended. Customers can’t earn points nor redeem rewards. Their points are still stored if you reactivate the system later or use another system with the same points pool.
An event can only be seen on the front-end of your website while it has the “Running” Status. Off, scheduled or ended event won’t appear on widgets and on the “My Account” page.
If you want to advertise on future events, you should do it manually on your website.