The Social Share widget can be used to allow your customers to share a page link on social media.
1 – Widget Setup and Customization
Before adding the widget to your pages, it’s important to set it up and customize its appearance.
Go to WooRewards → Appearance → Widgets → Social Media
This widget has several options :
- Social Media : Select the social media for which you want to display a share button.
- Display buttons if users not connected : Visitors can share on social media even if not connected. But they can’t earn points.
- Text displayed if user not connected : A default text is already set, you can change it if you want.
- Open share dialog as popup : unchecked will open share dialog in a new tab
You can also customize the appearance of the widget. To do so, select the elements you want to customize in the Available Elements list and change the desired values.
Don’t forget to save your settings when you’re done.
2 – Add the Widget on your pages
Go to Appearance → Widgets and, on the list of widgets, look for WooRewards Social share :
Add it to one of your widgets areas :
Set the following values :
- Title : Title of the widget. Default WordPress widget title.
- Header : The header of the widget.
- Text displayed to users : The text displayed before the share buttons.
- Shared url (Optional) : By default, the widget shares the url of the page it’s displayed on. You can override that setting by setting an url here.