The Points on cart reward is very distinct from other kinds of rewards. Instead of unlocking rewards by spending their points, customers can spend their points directly on the cart for immediate discount.
The Points on cart reward can only be used on standard Points and Rewards Systems. You can’t use that reward on a leveling system.
Go to WooRewards → Points and Rewards and select a Points and Rewards system to edit.
In the new window, go into the Rewards or Levels and Rewards group.
Make sure the sliding button is positioned to Points on cart.
Set the following values :
- Point value : The value of 1 point in your website currency
- Max cart percentage discount : If set, customers won’t be able to use their points to discount the cart more than the set percentage.
- Lower Cart Limit : If set, customers can’t use their points to discount the cart below that limit
- Minimum Cart Amount : Set a minimum cart amount under which customers can’t use their points on the cart
Here’s an example of the effect of these values :
- Max percentage of cart : 30
- Lower Cart Limit : 50
- Minimum Cart Amount : 70
With the above values, customers can use their points when the cart subtotal is above 70$.
They can use their points to discount the cart down to 50$ or 70% of its total.
To use that reward, you also need to set up the appropriate tool on the cart and/or the checkout page. Please see the Use points on cart documentation to set it up.