The Spend Money action is probably the most commonly used action to give points to customers. Customers will earn points when they place an order. The amount of points earned depends on the amount of money spent on the order.
Let’s review the different options available :
- Action title : Name of the action. This information will be displayed to your customers. You can rename it how you want.
- Priority : Can only be used if the feature is activated. This option is explained in the 10.5 – Priority documentation page.
- Money spent : The amount to spend in order to get points.
- Earned points : The amount of points earned for each multiple of the Money spent value
- Include shipping amount : Check this box if you want the shipping fees to be included in the order amount for calculating the amount spent.
- Use amount after discount : Check this box to deduce the amount of used coupons for calculating the amount spent.
- Threshold effect : If checked, customers will earn points for each multiple of the Money spent value. If unchecked, points will be rounded to the closest value.
- Minimum order amount : Set a minimum order amount under which no points will be given.
- Affected orders : Choose which orders will give points or not. If left empty, all orders will give points. See examples below to see how to use this option.
- Order created via : Set the order’s origin(s) that will give points. Useful if you have different ways to receive new orders.
- Allowed categories : If left empty, all bought products can give loyalty points. If you set one or more categories, only the products which belong to these categories will award points.
- Denied categories : If left empty, all bought products are taken into account. If you set one or more categories, the products which belong to these categories won’t be used.