This documentation is for the WooRewards plugin
The Buy in category product action is used to give points to customers when they place an order with products from one or more categories in it.
In your points and rewards system, click on the Add button and select Buy in category from the Orders category.
Then, click the Next button. You will see a screen with many options.
Let’s review the different options available :
Action to perform
- Action title : Name of the action. This information will be displayed to your customers. You can rename it how you want.
- Priority : Can only be used if the feature is activated. This option is explained in the 10.5 – Priority documentation page.
- Earned points : The amount of points earned when placing the order with the product.
- Quantity Multiplier : If checked, points will be earned for each product in the cart meeting the conditions. Otherwise, points will be earned only once per order.
- Minimum product count : The amount of products needed in the cart meeting the conditions before giving points.
- Currency : (Only available if the currency settings is on) Set the currency that will be required to trigger this points event.
- Affected orders : Choose which orders will give points or not. If left empty, all orders will give points. See examples below to see how to use this option.
- Order created via : Set the order’s origin(s) that will give points. Useful if you have different ways to receive new orders.
- Categories : The product categories to buy from in order to earn points.
- Sponsorship/Referral Origin : If set, only these origin will give points for this event.
Affected Orders examples
Here are some examples of how you can use this option :
- 1 : This will give points only for the first customer’s order.
- 1-10 : This will give points only for the ten first customer’s orders.
- 1,5,10,20-50 : This will give points for the orders 1, 5 and 10 and all orders between the 20th and 50th.
WooCommerce Subscriptions Information
WooRewards Subscriptions users will see another setting in addition to other settings :
Order type : You can decide which type of order will give points. The possibilities are : All orders, Initial subscriptions, Subscription renewals, Orders with no subscriptions.