This documentation is for the WooRewards plugin
The Free shipping coupon reward will generate a WooCommerce a coupon that customers can use on their cart to get a free shipping for their order. Since it’s a WooCommerce coupon, it will follow the same rules than other coupons.
Go to WooRewards → Points and Rewards and select a Points and Rewards system to edit.
In the new window, go into the Rewards or Levels and Rewards group.
In the rewards list (or inside a level), click the Add button and select Free shipping.
Click the Next button to get access to the options
There are a lot of options available, we’ll look at each of them in detail so that you know which ones to use :
- Title : The reward’s title. Customers will see this on various widgets, emails and WooCommerce pages.
- Description : The reward’s description. Customers will see this on various widgets and emails.
- Featured image : The reward’s image. Customers will see this when they receive a new reward email or inside rewards widgets.
- Coupon Description : The WooCommerce coupon’s description. Every time customers unlock this reward, it will generate a WooCommerce coupon with that description.
- Points needed : The points needed in order to unlock that reward. You won’t see that information in leveling points and rewards systems as you set this value directly inside the level.
- Send Reward email : Decide if customers receive an email when they unlock that reward or not. The default value is Yes.
- Validity period : Check this box if you want to set a validity period for the generated coupon. If you check that box, you will have to set the period.
- Permanent : If set, customers can use this reward indefinitely or until the validity period expires.
- Auto-apply on next cart : If you check this box, the plugin adds a new information on the coupon when it generates one. As a result, the next customer’s cart will automatically apply the coupon.
- Minimum spend : The minimum cart amount needed to be able to use this coupon. Some options are available and presented in an example down below.
- Maximum spend : The maximum cart amount to be able to use this coupon. Some options are available and presented in an example down below.
- Individual use only : If checked, the generated coupon can’t be used with other WooCommerce coupons on the cart.
- Exclude sale items : The generated coupon can’t be used on items on sale.
You have to enable the free shipping option in your shipping zones if you want the free shipping coupon to work.
Go to WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping and edit your shipping zones.
In the Shipping methods, add a new shipping method and select Free shipping
Click on Add shipping method.
Then, edit the shipping method and, on the Free shipping requires option, select A valid free shipping coupon and save your changes.
Minimum and Maximum spend examples
First example : you’ve set the Coupon amount to 20 and the Minimum spend to 50 → The customer can use the coupon as soon as the cart total is above 50$ and will be able to discount that cart down to 30$.
Second example : you’ve set the Coupon amount to 20 and the Minimum spend to +50 → The customer can use the coupon as soon as the cart total is above 70$ and will be able to discount that cart down to 50$. The amount of the discount was automatically added to the minimum spend so that the cart total can’t go below the minimum spend amount.
The same rules apply to the Maximum spend amount.