This documentation is for the WooRewards plugin
The Fixed Discount Coupon reward will generate a WooCommerce coupon that customers can use on their cart to get a fixed amount discount. Since it’s a WooCommerce coupon, it will follow the same rules than other coupons.
Go to WooRewards → Points and Rewards and select a Points and Rewards system to edit.
In the new window, go into the Rewards or Levels and Rewards group.
In the rewards list (or inside a level), click the Add button and select Fixed/Percentage discount from the Coupons category.
Click the Next button to get access to the options.
There are a lot of options available, we’ll look at each of them in detail so that you know which ones to use :
- Title : The reward’s title. It will be displayed to customers on various widgets, emails and WooCommerce pages.
- Description : The reward’s description. It will be displayed to customers on various widgets and emails.
- Featured image : The reward’s image. Customers will see this when they receive a new reward email or inside rewards widgets.
- Coupon Description : The WooCommerce coupon’s description. Every time customers unlock this reward, it will generate a WooCommerce coupon with that description.
- Points needed : The points needed in order to unlock that reward. You won’t see that information in leveling points and rewards systems as this value is set directly inside the level.
- Send Reward email : Decide if customers receive an email when they unlock that reward or not. The default value is Yes.
- Discount Type : Here, you have to keep the Fixed cart discount value.
- Coupon amount : The discount’s amount.
- Validity period : Check this box if you want to set a validity period for the generated coupon. If you check that box, you will have to set the period.
- Permanent : (Leveling Points and Rewards Only) If set, this reward can be used indefinitely by customers.
- Limit to X items : Limit to how many items on the cart this coupon can be applied to. See how to use this option in the example down below.
- Auto-apply on next cart : If you check this box, every time a reward coupon is generated, it will automatically be applied on the customer’s next order.
- Also gives free shipping : If you check this box, this coupon will also let the customer get access to free shipping.
- Minimum spend : The minimum cart amount needed to be able to use this coupon. Some options are available and presented in an example down below.
- Maximum spend : The maximum cart amount to be able to use this coupon. Some options are available and presented in an example down below.
- Individual use only : If checked, the generated coupon can’t be used with other WooCommerce coupons on the cart.
- Exclude sale items : The generated coupon can’t be used on items on sale.
Allow / Deny Product Categories
- Product categories : Select the product categories for which the generated coupon can be applied.
- Excluded categories : Select the product categories for which the generated coupon can’t be applied.
Allow / Deny Products
- Product(s) : Select the product for which the generated coupon can be applied.
- Excluded product(s) : Select the product for which the generated coupon can’t be applied.
Limit to X items example
In this example, you’ve set the Coupon amount to 20$ and the Limit to X items value to 2, then the coupon can only be used to discount the value of 2 products at most.
If, in your cart, you have 3 products worth 7$ each, the total discount applied will be 14$ and not 20$ since it can only be applied on 2 products.
Minimum and Maximum spend examples
First example : you’ve set the Coupon amount to 20 and the Minimum spend to 50 → The customer can use the coupon as soon as the cart total is above 50$ and will be able to discount that cart down to 30$.
Second example : you’ve set the Coupon amount to 20 and the Minimum spend to +50 → The customer can use the coupon as soon as the cart total is above 70$ and will be able to discount that cart down to 50$. The amount of the discount was automatically added to the minimum spend so that the cart total can’t go below the minimum spend amount.
The same rules apply to the Maximum spend amount.