This documentation is for the WooRewards plugin
The Buy a specific product action is used to give points to customers when they place an order with a specific product on it.
In your points and rewards system, click on the Add button and select Buy a specific product from the Orders category.
Then, click the Next button. You will see a screen with many options.
Let’s review the different options available :
Action to perform
- Action title : Name of the action. This information will be displayed to your customers. You can rename it how you want.
- Priority : Can only be used if the feature is activated. This option is explained in the 10.5 – Priority documentation page.
- Earned points :The amount of points earned when placing the order with the product.
Product(s) to buy
- Product : The product to buy in order to earn points. You can select several products.
- Quantity Multiplier : If checked, points will be earned for each product in the cart meeting the conditions. Otherwise, points will be earned only once per order.
- Currency : (Only available if the currency settings is on) Set the currency that will be required to trigger this points event.
- Affected orders : Choose which orders will give points or not. If left empty, all orders will give points. See examples below to see how to use this option.
- Order created via : Set the order’s origin(s) that will give points. Useful if you have different ways to receive new orders.
- Sponsorship/Referral Origin : If set, only these origin will give points for this event.
Affected Orders examples
Here are some examples of how you can use this option :
- 1 : This will give points only for the first customer’s order.
- 1-10 : This will give points only for the ten first customer’s orders.
- 1,5,10,20-50 : This will give points for the orders 1, 5 and 10 and all orders between the 20th and 50th.
WooCommerce Subscriptions Information
WooRewards Subscriptions users will see another setting in addition to other settings :
Order type : You can decide which type of order will give points. The possibilities are : All orders, Initial subscriptions, Subscription renewals, Orders with no subscriptions.